Swisstec can provide a comprehensive range of repair options from a simple battery service to a complete service on a mechanical chronograph for both current and vintage Tag-Heuer and Heuer watches. Tag-Heuer do not have an official accreditation system here in the UK but we receive all our Tag-Heuer parts from them directly.
All watches which are serviced are returned with a two year warranty.Contact us View price guide
We also undertake case and bracelet refinishing to Tag-Heuer standard in our dedicated polishing department.
It is recommended by Tag-Heuer that their quartz watches receive a battery service every 2 years and all watches receive a complete service every 5 to 6 years. However, if the watch is suitable for swimming and diving and is used in water they also recommend the water resistance of the watch is tested on an annual basis.A brief history of Tag Heuer.
The main servicing procedure
- A Complete Service involves the watchmaker checking the watch’s functions, diagnosing the cause of any faults.
- The complete dismantling of the movement with the correction of any faults and replacement of any damaged / worn parts.
- All parts are then cleaned in a series of ultrasonic chemical baths which removes all the old oil, grease and dirt.
- While the movement is being cleaned the case will be completely broken down (case back, bezel, crystal,pushers etc. removed) and, having removed all the seals and gaskets, refinished and cleaned in large ultrasonic tanks.
- Once the case is clean it is reassembled with new seals and gaskets, which are lubricated as required with special greases. The case is now ready to receive the cleaned movement.
- The cleaned movement and pristine components are systematically reassembled and lubricated using up to 8 different fine synthetic oils and greases, before having the dial and hands refitted.
- The watchmaker will now reset the clean movement with the dial and hands mounted into the watch case ensuring there are no hairs or dust in the case and recheck the watch regulation on the timing machine.
- Once the case is closed the watch is then tested for water resistance and the final aesthetic, timekeeping and power reserve checks are made to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
- The watch is opened and electronic components checked using specific testing equipment.
- Replacement of the battery and gaskets as appropriate to the watch model.
- Tested for water resistance. Final aesthetic and timekeeping checks to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
We will rectify any defects arising from any service provided by us provided you report such defects to us as soon as reasonably possible. In respect of a partial repair service, within 12 months of the date of purchase; or in respect of a full service, with 24 months of the date of purchase. We reserve the right to invalidate the warranty if repairs are performed by persons not authorised by us to take such action. Provision of the warranty will be free of charge. We will decide in our absolute discretion whether provision of the warranty will be in the form of a repair or the replacement of a part of the watch. Evidence of purchase must be provided and any replaced parts pass into our ownership. Limit of warranty. The provision of services under warranty neither extends the terms of the warrant nor sets in motion a new warranty period.
The provisions of this warranty do not extend to defects caused by general wear and tear, accident, negligence or lack of care; or component parts that are expected to require periodic replacement.
Thank you for my watch refurbishment. I cannot express how pleased I am with the end result. Please pass on my thanks to the technicians and everyone involved in restoring my watch to it’s former glory. You are a truly expert professional service from start to finish that I would have no hesitation in recommending to others.Mr Copas
I now have my watch back, can I say what an incredible service you guys offer! From start to finish it was easy and comfortable, pricing was great and the packaging is second to none. Thank you very much, I will be using you again in the future and letting friends know about your service.Mr Pope
Excellent company to deal with. Quick to respond to initial contact, followed by detailed quotation and good advice/quick to respond to queries. Case refurbishment work is excellent and looks like it would have 50 years ago when it came out of the factory. Returned quickly and very well packaged inside a hard case. Really pleased, thank you.Craig Henn
Cartier pricing guide 2018
Watches up to 25 years old
Complication and clocks by estimate only
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT|
Watches between 25 and 50 years old
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT|
All partial repairs are subject to part repair charge
|Type||Retail Inc. VAT|
Case and Bracelet Refurbishment
Case and Bracelet Refurbishment
|Type||Retail Inc. VAT|
|Non W/R Case||£90.00|
|Non W/R Case + Bracelet||£125.00|
|W/R Case + Bracelet||£216.00|
|Laser Filling + Repair (from)||£72.00|
No data found
Heuer was founded in 1860 by Edouard Heuer in St-Imier, Switzerland as Uhrenmanufaktur Heuer AG.In just a few short years, Heuer filed an impressive number of patents leading to the company’s first patented chronograph in 1882. In 1887, they received one of their most notable patents for an oscillating pinion mechanism, a system which is still used by many chronograph manufacturers today. Edouard Heuer passed away five years later, in 1892 and business was passed to his sonCharles-Auguste Heuer who introducedthe first stopwatch accurate to 1/100 of a second.
From 1911, Heuer manufactured timepieces to be mounted on the dashboards of automobiles, aircraft, and boats. Heuer continued to manufacture these dashboard timepieces into the 1980s, at which time they were discontinued.
In 1962, Heuer became the first Swiss watchmaker in space. John Glenn wore a Heuer stopwatch when he piloted the Mercury Atlas 6 spacecraft on the first US manned space flight to orbit the earth.
1963 The Carrera chronograph was introduced, designed by Jack Heuer, great grandson of Edouard. The Carrera had a very simple design, with only the registers and applied markers on the dial. The fixed inner bezel is divided into 1/5 second increments.
In the mid-1960s, Heuer partnered with Breitling and Hamilton to introduce the first automatic chronograph. These projects were conducted in secret, as none of the competitors wanted the other companies to be aware of their efforts. Heuer-Breitling-Hamilton held press conferences in Geneva and New York, on 3 March 1969 to show their new chronographs the famous Calibre 11 and Calibre 12 movements. Heuer’s first automatic chronographs using these movements were the Autavia, Carrera, and Monaco.
Heuer began using the Valjoux 7750 movement in its automatic chronographs in 1977. The Valjoux 7750 movement was a three-register chronograph (with seconds, minutes, and hours), that also offered day/date windows.
In 1985, a group called Techniques d’Avant Garde acquired Heuer and became the brand we know todayas TAG Heuer. The name TAG Heuer combines the initials of “Techniques d’Avant Garde” and the founder’s surname. In 1992, TAG Heuer became the official timekeeper for Formula 1 racing, perpetuating their longstanding relationship with the automobile industry.
In 1999 TAG Heuer was purchased by Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A. (LVMH) and remains one of the watchmaking worlds innovators producing pieces such as the “Pendulum Concept” in 2010, the first magnetic oscillator without hairspring capable of providing restoring torque comparable to that of hairspring.