Baume & Mercier
Swisstec is an officially approved Baume & Mercier service centre. Our Swiss trained Baume & Mercier watchmakers can undertake work on both quartz and mechanical models. We provide a comprehensive range of maintenance options for your Baume & Mercier watch from a simple battery service to a complete service on a mechanical chronograph.
All Baume & Mercier watches which are serviced by Swisstec are returned with a twelve month warranty.Contact us View price guide
We also undertake case and bracelet refinishing to Baume & Mercier’s exacting specification. This work is carried out by our Swiss trained polisher in our dedicated polishing department.
It is recommended by Baume & Mercier that their quartz watches receive a battery service every 2 to 3 years and all watches receive a complete service every 5 years. However, if the watch is suitable for swimming and diving and is used in water they also recommend the water resistance of the watch is tested on an annual basis.A brief history of Baume & Mercier.
The main servicing procedure
- A Complete Service involves the watchmaker checking the watch’s functions, diagnosing the cause of any faults.
- The complete dismantling of the movement with the correction of any faults and replacement of any damaged / worn parts.
- All parts are then cleaned in a series of ultrasonic chemical baths which removes all the old oil, grease and dirt.
- While the movement is being cleaned the case will be completely broken down (case back, bezel, crystal,pushers etc. removed) and, having removed all the seals and gaskets, refinished and cleaned in large ultrasonic tanks.
- Once the case is clean it is reassembled with new seals and gaskets, which are lubricated as required with special greases. The case is now ready to receive the cleaned movement.
- The cleaned movement and pristine components are systematically reassembled and lubricated using up to 8 different fine synthetic oils and greases, before having the dial and hands refitted.
- The watchmaker will now reset the clean movement with the dial and hands mounted into the watch case ensuring there are no hairs or dust in the case and recheck the watch regulation on the timing machine.
- Once the case is closed the watch is then tested for water resistance and the final aesthetic, timekeeping and power reserve checks are made to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
- The watch is opened and electronic components checked using specific testing equipment.
- Replacement of the battery and gaskets as appropriate to the watch model.
- Tested for water resistance. Final aesthetic and timekeeping checks to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
We will rectify any defects arising from any service provided by us provided you report such defects to us as soon as reasonably possible. In respect of a partial repair we provide a 12 month warranty and in respect of a full service, a 12 month warranty. We reserve the right to invalidate the warranty if repairs are performed by persons not authorised by us to take such action. Provision of the warranty will be free of charge. We will decide in our absolute discretion whether provision of the warranty will be in the form of a repair or the replacement of a part of the watch. Evidence of purchase must be provided and any replaced parts pass into our ownership. Limit of warranty. The provision of services under warranty neither extends the terms of the warrant nor sets in motion a new warranty period.
The provisions of this warranty do not extend to defects caused by general wear and tear, accident, negligence or lack of care; or component parts that are expected to require periodic replacement.
Thank you for my watch refurbishment. I cannot express how pleased I am with the end result. Please pass on my thanks to the technicians and everyone involved in restoring my watch to it’s former glory. You are a truly expert professional service from start to finish that I would have no hesitation in recommending to others.Mr Copas
I now have my watch back, can I say what an incredible service you guys offer! From start to finish it was easy and comfortable, pricing was great and the packaging is second to none. Thank you very much, I will be using you again in the future and letting friends know about your service.Mr Pope
Excellent company to deal with. Quick to respond to initial contact, followed by detailed quotation and good advice/quick to respond to queries. Case refurbishment work is excellent and looks like it would have 50 years ago when it came out of the factory. Returned quickly and very well packaged inside a hard case. Really pleased, thank you.Craig Henn
Baume & Mercier pricing guide 2019
Battery Service with Water Resistance Testing:
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT||Warranty|
|Battery Service||£75.00||12 Months Warranty|
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT||Warranty|
|Partial repair||From £49.00||12 Months Warranty on the part(s) replaced and the water resistance.|
Complete service on Watches up to 25 years old:
|Movement Type||RRP Inc. VAT||Warranty|
|Quartz||£280.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Quartz Chronograph||£360.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Mechanical||£350.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Mechanical Chronograph||£460.00||24 Months Warranty|
Watches between 25 and 50 years old:
|Movement Type||RRP Inc. VAT||Warranty|
|Quartz||£365.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Quartz Chronograph||£405.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Mechanical||£440.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Mechanical Chronograph||£530.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT||What can be Refinished?|
|Case||£125.00||Stainless Steel, Yellow and Rose Gold, Silver and Titanium.nnWhite Gold and Platinum can also be refinished but will be subject to estimate as it may require Rhodium plating once refinished and this cannot be assessed until we receive the watch and may take longer to complete.nnLaser welding offers high quality invisible filling on stainless steel, gold, platinum, silver and titanium. This allows refurbishment without compromising the integrity and original form of the case or bracelet.n|
|Case + Bracelet||£175.00|
|Laser Filling + Case Repair||From £75.00 + Refinishing Fee|
No data found
Was founded as “Frères Baume” (Baume Brothers) in 1830 by Louis-Victor and Célestin Baume in Les Bois, a village in the Jura region of Switzerland. In 1851, building on their success, they established a store in London under the name “Baume Brothers”, which led to further expansion throughout the British Empire.
By the late 19th century, Baume Brothers had an established international reputation, and its timepieces had set accuracy records and won a number of timekeeping competitions. In 1918, company director William Baume entered into a partnership with Paul Mercier and founded “Baume & Mercier” in Geneva.
Their specialisation was the production of wristwatches particularly unconventional “shaped” models rather than the traditional round shape. In 1919, Baume & Mercier was awarded the Geneva Seal, the highest international award of the time for watchmaking excellence.
During the Roaring Twenties, the brand embraced women’s emancipation and was one of the first Swiss watch houses to provide a distinct ladies collection. In 1988, the Swiss watchmaker joined the Richemont group and remains a contemporary and innovative watchmaker.