IWC Watch Service
Swisstime Services LTD is an officially approved IWC service centre. Our Swiss trained IWC watchmakers can undertake work on both quartz and mechanical models. We provide a comprehensive range of maintenance options for your IWC watch from a simple battery service to a complete service on a mechanical chronograph.
All IWC watches which are serviced by Swisstime Services are returned with a two-year warranty.Contact us View price guide
We also undertake case and bracelet refinishing to IWC’s exacting specification. This work is carried out by our Swiss trained IWC polisher in our dedicated polishing department.
It is recommended by IWC that their quartz watches receive a battery service every 2 to 3 years and all watches receive a complete service every 5 years. However, if the watch is suitable for swimming and diving and is used in water, they also recommend the water resistance of the watch is tested on an annual basis.A brief history of IWC.
The main servicing procedure
- A Complete Service involves the watchmaker checking the watch’s functions, diagnosing the cause of any faults.
- The complete dismantling of the movement with the correction of any faults and replacement of any damaged / worn parts.
- All parts are then cleaned in a series of ultrasonic chemical baths which removes all the old oil, grease and dirt.
- While the movement is being cleaned the case will be completely broken down (case back, bezel, crystal,pushers etc. removed) and, having removed all the seals and gaskets, refinished and cleaned in large ultrasonic tanks.
- Once the case is clean it is reassembled with new seals and gaskets, which are lubricated as required with special greases. The case is now ready to receive the cleaned movement.
- The cleaned movement and pristine components are systematically reassembled and lubricated using up to 8 different fine synthetic oils and greases, before having the dial and hands refitted.
- The watchmaker will now reset the clean movement with the dial and hands mounted into the watch case ensuring there are no hairs or dust in the case and recheck the watch regulation on the timing machine.
- Once the case is closed the watch is then tested for water resistance and the final aesthetic, timekeeping and power reserve checks are made to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
- The watch is opened and electronic components checked using specific testing equipment.
- Replacement of the battery and gaskets as appropriate to the watch model.
- Tested for water resistance. Final aesthetic and timekeeping checks to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
We will rectify any defects arising from any service provided by us provided you report such defects to us as soon as reasonably possible. The warranty period for partial repairs and full service is 24 months. We reserve the right to invalidate the warranty if repairs are performed by persons not authorised by us to take such action. Provision of the warranty will be free of charge. We will decide in our absolute discretion whether provision of the warranty will be in the form of a repair or the replacement of a part of the watch. Evidence of purchase must be provided and any replaced parts pass into our ownership. Limit of warranty. The provision of services under warranty neither extends the terms of the warrant nor sets in motion a new warranty period.
The provisions of this warranty do not extend to defects caused by general wear and tear, accident, negligence or lack of care; or component parts that are expected to require periodic replacement.
I am happy to inform that Your service on my vintage Venus watch with Tissot movement was of great success – it is ticking along in great style – thank You for job well done.Terje Nonstad , Stjordal, Norway
I have received my Breitling today, and am over the moon, this is the first time I’ve had one of my watches serviced, and just want to say the whole experience from start to finish has been amazing, so thank you very much to you and all involved with the service of my watch.2823Lee Govier , Suffolk
I wanted to say how pleased I am, my Ball watch looks nothing short of stunning. You were a joy to deal with, it was seamless. Not only that, but you achieved all this in a far shorter time than your original estimate. I would recommend you and your Company without hesitation!Mr Beardsell , UK
I now have my watch back and can I say what an incredible service you guys offer! From start to finish it was easy and comfortable, pricing was great and the packaging is second to none. Thank you very much, I will be using you again in the future and letting friends know about your service.Mr Pope
Thank you to the team for the servicing and refurbishing of my fathers' Omega watch. The accuracy is well within original factory tolerance and refurbishment makes it look as good as new. Thank you also for the tour of your workshops when I collected my watch.Tom Tuling
Thank you for my watch refurbishment. I cannot express how pleased I am with the end result. Please pass on my thanks to the technicians and everyone involved in restoring my watch to it’s former glory. You are a truly expert professional service from start to finish that I would have no hesitation in recommending to others.Mr Copas
Cartier pricing guide 2018
Watches up to 25 years old
Complication and clocks by estimate only
|RRP Inc. VAT
Watches between 25 and 50 years old
|RRP Inc. VAT
All partial repairs are subject to part repair charge
|Retail Inc. VAT
Case and Bracelet Refurbishment
Case and Bracelet Refurbishment
|Retail Inc. VAT
|Non W/R Case
|Non W/R Case + Bracelet
|W/R Case + Bracelet
|Laser Filling + Repair (from)
No data found
IWC (International Watch Company) is a renowned Swiss watch manufacturer with a rich history dating back to 1868. Founded by American watchmaker Florentine Ariosto Jones, IWC established itself in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. The company gained early recognition for its innovative pocket watches and went on to produce wristwatches during World War I. IWC is celebrated for its engineering excellence, producing iconic timepieces like the Portuguese, Pilot’s, and Aquatimer collections. Over the years, it has maintained a reputation for combining precision, craftsmanship, and timeless design in its luxury watches, making it a respected name in the world of horology.