Swisstec is the official UK Service Centre for DOXA. Our factory trained watchmakers can undertake repairs and servicing on current DOXA Watches . We provide a comprehensive range of maintenance options, from a simple water resistance test to a complete service on a mechanical chronograph.
All watches which are serviced are returned with a two year warranty.Contact us View price guide
We also undertake case and bracelet refinishing according to DOXA specification in our dedicated polishing department.
DOXA recommended service interval is 3 to 5 years. However for swimming and diving and is used in water they also recommend the water resistance of the watch is tested on an annual basis.A brief history of DOXA.
The main servicing procedure
- A Complete Service involves the watchmaker checking the watch’s functions, diagnosing the cause of any faults.
- The complete dismantling of the movement with the correction of any faults and replacement of any damaged / worn parts.
- All parts are then cleaned in a series of ultrasonic chemical baths which removes all the old oil, grease and dirt.
- While the movement is being cleaned the case will be completely broken down (case back, bezel, crystal,pushers etc. removed) and, having removed all the seals and gaskets, refinished and cleaned in large ultrasonic tanks.
- Once the case is clean it is reassembled with new seals and gaskets, which are lubricated as required with special greases. The case is now ready to receive the cleaned movement.
- The cleaned movement and pristine components are systematically reassembled and lubricated using up to 8 different fine synthetic oils and greases, before having the dial and hands refitted.
- The watchmaker will now reset the clean movement with the dial and hands mounted into the watch case ensuring there are no hairs or dust in the case and recheck the watch regulation on the timing machine.
- Once the case is closed the watch is then tested for water resistance and the final aesthetic, timekeeping and power reserve checks are made to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
- The watch is opened and electronic components checked using specific testing equipment.
- Replacement of the battery and gaskets as appropriate to the watch model.
- Tested for water resistance. Final aesthetic and timekeeping checks to ensure the watch is performing correctly.
We will rectify any defects arising from any service provided by us provided you report such defects to us as soon as reasonably possible. In respect of a partial repair we provide a 12 month warranty and in respect of a full service, a 24 month warranty. We reserve the right to invalidate the warranty if repairs are performed by persons not authorised by us to take such action. Provision of the warranty will be free of charge. We will decide in our absolute discretion whether provision of the warranty will be in the form of a repair or the replacement of a part of the watch. Evidence of purchase must be provided and any replaced parts pass into our ownership. Limit of warranty. The provision of services under warranty neither extends the terms of the warrant nor sets in motion a new warranty period.
The provisions of this warranty do not extend to defects caused by general wear and tear, accident, negligence or lack of care; or component parts that are expected to require periodic replacement.
I am happy to inform that Your service on my vintage Venus watch with Tissot movement was of great success – it is ticking along in great style – thank You for job well done.Terje Nonstad , Stjordal, Norway
I now have my watch back and can I say what an incredible service you guys offer! From start to finish it was easy and comfortable, pricing was great and the packaging is second to none. Thank you very much, I will be using you again in the future and letting friends know about your service.Mr Pope
I wanted to say how pleased I am, my Ball watch looks nothing short of stunning. You were a joy to deal with, it was seamless. Not only that, but you achieved all this in a far shorter time than your original estimate. I would recommend you and your Company without hesitation!Mr Beardsell , UK
I have received my Breitling today, and am over the moon, this is the first time I’ve had one of my watches serviced, and just want to say the whole experience from start to finish has been amazing, so thank you very much to you and all involved with the service of my watch.2823Lee Govier , Suffolk
Thank you to the team for the servicing and refurbishing of my fathers' Omega watch. The accuracy is well within original factory tolerance and refurbishment makes it look as good as new. Thank you also for the tour of your workshops when I collected my watch.Tom Tuling
Thank you for my watch refurbishment. I cannot express how pleased I am with the end result. Please pass on my thanks to the technicians and everyone involved in restoring my watch to it’s former glory. You are a truly expert professional service from start to finish that I would have no hesitation in recommending to others.Mr Copas
Ball pricing guide 2019
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT||Warranty|
|Partial Repairs:||From £49.00||12 Months Warranty on the part(s) replaced and the water resistance.|
|Movement Type||RRP Inc. VAT||Warranty|
|Mechanical||£350.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Mechanical Chronograph||£475.00||24 Months Warranty|
|Type||RRP Inc. VAT||What can be Refinished?|
|Case||£125.00||Stainless Steel, Yellow and Rose Gold, Silver and Titanium.|
|Case + Bracelet||£175.00||White Gold and Platinum can also be refinished but will be subject to estimate as it may require Rhodium plating once refinished and this cannot be assessed until we receive the watch and may take longer to complete.|
|Laser Filling + Case Repair||From £75.00 + Refinishing Fee||Laser welding offers high quality invisible filling on stainless steel, gold, platinum, silver and titanium. This allows refurbishment without compromising the integrity and original form of the case or bracelet.|
No data found
Georges Ducommun was one of 13 children and only twelve years old when he began his apprenticeship with an established watchmaker in 1880.
Georges had built a solid reputation for ingenuity, attention to detail, quick service and customer orientation and soon realized it was time to step out of his comfort zone and opened his own business, “Georges Ducommun, Fabriques Doxa” at the age of 21.
Georges was driven to innovate to achieve immutable durability and split-second precision. When Geroges passed away in 1936, his son-in-law Jacques Nardin (grandson of Ulysse Nardin, founder of the renowned eponymous brand), took the helm and continued the journey. While the focus remained on travel and sport timepieces, DOXA continued to develop watches for all types of customers.
DOXA’s aesthetic credentials were cemented by an instant classic in 1957: a minimalist, Bauhaus-inspired “Grafic” dress watch collection. Ten years later, a purpose-designed, professional-grade SUB dive watch – the first accessible to the growing community of sports divers – sealed technical credentials. The SUB was developed with diving-legend Jacques-Yves Cousteau and introduced radical innovations that made it the benchmark for military and professional divers, even to this day.
A new era began when the Jenny family acquired DOXA in 1997, merging an enduring appeal of iconic collections with a family active in watchmaking for four generations. The headquarters were transferred to Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
In 2019, Romeo F. Jenny was appointed as President of the Board of Directors of Walca Group and Jan Edöcs, Board Member of the Walca Group and CEO of DOXA Watches.
The world over and across generations of divers and adventurers. DOXA SUB stands for the benchmark for diving watches, greatly contributing to the safety of professional and sports divers thanks to the many technical details they introduced.